Wow – this is going to be an interesting week – I just know it.
Because since my plea I have worked harder than ever to figure out my path as an artist – and I have had some amazing feedback and comments and support and now I have to show every one of you that none of this was given in vain!
Do you remember the list from last week? Well let’s see …
- “Read 4 books” … have read 3 and will be reading fourth after this blog!
- “Connect with Doll Artists” … have connected and am following many new amazing artists out there … I literally must have spent 20 hours (at least!) looking, searching, connecting and commenting!
- See point 2!
- Ok – can’t really do anymore about this one till she tells me to pay in the beginning of March … but I’ll be first in line – promise!
- “Sign up for Online Doll courses” … I have indeed.
I have signed up for 2 courses and I’m like a kid in a toy store about this!
The first one is all about learning how to model a head and some hands … I’m pretty confident on this one – I know I model well, and with a super instructor like Marilyn Radzat I am confident that by the end of this course I’ll have learned new tricks and be amazed at what I will be capable of doing – all because Marilyn came into my life.
The second course is by Deb Wood – she will be teaching me about armatures – and I chose this course because between this and the head – I figure that I’ll be ready to create some amazing creatures/witches/dolls. Deb Wood is extraordinary too – if you like fairies you should take a moment to check out her website!
Now, do you understand my excitement? – These are not just your average little doll makers – these ladies … they truly are the best of the best – the cream of the crop – the icing on the cake.
- And I get to learn from them … I know – it takes my breath away every time I think of that.
I know, I always get a little starstruck – I cannot help that … but I do feel very fortunate to have found this new love of Art Dolls and then to be able with a few clicks to say “yes please!” I am then able to be taught by the best.
That is amazing – no more, no less!
The rest of the week?
Well,I’ll be busy getting all my materials (gotta love shopping for materials!), I will continue to “surf” and get to know more about all these artists, I will work on the Kitchen Witch and then – I do have a little something that I’m going to share with you tomorrow – because I’m going to take you on a “first ever” adventure with me … It might get hairy at times, there might be swearing (highly likely!) and there might be tears … but the end result should be fun!