I’ve written about Lists before … I’m sure I have … but because I couldn’t figure out why I’d want to do tags, and therefore couldn’t be bothered, I’d have to read every single post to find something about list to link to – and so instead I have now promised myself to do LOTS of tags – every time I write a new post – because I do not really want to spend my morning looking for something about lists …
Anyways, I was sitting here thinking about 2012 … it is such an exciting time when a New Year rolls around – because I love the excitement it brings with it.
My excitement however, often dies around January 13 … because then it is no longer new and exciting – then it is just grey outside, cold outside and slightly boring … and I might not actually have gotten started on something I was so excited about just 12 days earlier.
So I thought I’d make a list for 2012 and then as we go along I can tick things off as I get to them – and then somehow you become the judges – you can be the ones saying “Oi, you still haven’t done x,y or z” … yeah?
Exciting on January 2nd – maybe not so much on January 13 … I’ll let you know!
- Make Easter Decorations. I really want to get started on those – I have great ideas and have already spent hours on ETSY looking for feathers, fabric and ideas!
- Make a Quilt (again with the ETSY – spent a bit of time on there looking for fabric but already know which fabric to centre the whole quilt around – if you’re interested look for the indigo Tula Pink’s Prince Charming – I’m crazy about this fabric and super excited to get started on this quilt)
- Lose the Christmas food which seems to have got stuck in various places – ridiculous but did it ever taste good!
- Take contact to a Magazine trying to get someone to feature one of my crafts, maybe the witches
- Start on the book which is rummaging in my head. Blogging has not gone to my head, but I do think I have a story and I do think it should be shared. Maybe nothing will ever come of it, maybe it will just be me writing little notes on a pad, but still I think it is time I put it on a list of “things to do” because otherwise I’ll keep finding reasons for not to.
- Riding a Horse … hey you may laugh, but when I moved to Calgary 7 ½ years ago I was all “fantastic, finally I’ll get to go horse riding – there are tons of cowboys over there – which means loads of horses, which means finally I can make a dream come true” … and we lived there for over 4 years and I never ever mounted a horse. People have all these dreams about jumping out of planes, visiting the Pyramids or swimming with dolphins … me, I would just really really like to learn how to ride a horse – and maybe even own my very own horse one day. That is my dream and that is now on the list – the riding, not the owing!
So there you have it – my 2012 list
Not a very long list by any standards – 6 points but I tell you what – I’ll be uber happy if I manage all of this by the end of the year.
Obviously some of the points are easier done than others – the Easter Decorations are itching to be developed, and the Quilt is already done in my head – the Weight is taken care of by my friends with whom I play a fantastically fun diet game … so I’m thinking I can tick that one of by February 8th – basically the first 3 points should be done or started come February – it’s the last three ones I’m not so sure about.
My Sister-in-Law was here for Christmas and she has a book rummaging inside her too – and she suggested that maybe going on a weekend course would be a good idea, learning how to get started and stuff … so I might look into that, because I think that would be a great idea. So maybe I’ll start looking for a stunning retreat with a side-order of learning a bit about book writing!
The Magazine idea – well, I just thought that maybe there is a magazine out there that would like to feature one of my things – it could be the owls I made for my daughters birthday or the witches for Halloween or Midsummer which is when they would be used as decorations in Denmark. I’ll think about this and get back to you!
The Horse riding – I am SO excited to have shared this with you because now I have to – right?!